11.21.2008

[don't you know it's your disaster now?]

the south san gabriel/centro-matic show last night was so unbelievably good, so unbelievably exactly what i needed (will's huge cinematic noisy complex music thundering through my chest), that i can't even manage to put words to it. not the best show i've seen all year, but maybe the one that was the most necessary.


and then i had this conversation with will afterwards:
me: blah blah blah love the new album blah blah blah glad you came back because we missed you in june, we were out of town seeing someone else.
will: yeah? who?
me: jason isbell.
will: :D :D :D :D YOU SAW A BETTER SHOW, GOING TO SEE JASON.
will johnson, you are trufax my favorite this morning.

1 comment:

taimsesasta@gmail.com said...

I don't know what it is about some shows that are so necessary but they *are*. It's like they wash out the inside of my head and get rid of all the unhappiness and leave me clean. I don't know how it works but I love it.

Also DEX THAT IS AWESOME. Jason Isbell! ♥.